 |
| (l) YLCO's Oh Cheng Keat (r) 2nd from left Felix Oh from Canada with his parents who live in Ipoh. Could they be connected? |
I was at YLCO
Museum at Ignatius request to meet a possible OH family branch. He had a phone call from Felix Oh from Canada whose parents still lived in Ipoh. Feliix has yet to be
confirmed of having a connection to YLCO but Felix was here to recce the possiblity. Hence his connection status is still pending.
I entered the museum and was greeted by Agnes Chew
and Yeoh Poh See and their nieces from Singapore Evelyn Goh and Lim Gin Heng. Evelyn was here to see her mum Ong Choo See who now stays at the Sanctuary Premiere
home, Ipoh while Gin Heng was accompanying her.
 |
| (from left) Lim Gin Heng, Yeoh Poh See, Agnes Chew and Evelyn Goh |
When I entered
they were identifying old photos and naming the young subjects. It was a novel setting as I seldom sat with an all Chew family
members speak on the where they grew up together. Here was 2 nieces and 2 aunts communicating
on the same topic and there was a lot of loud talking.
 |
| naming the persons in the old photos .... |
It was Evelyn and Gin Heng's 1st visit to YLCO Museum. Agnes showed them around while Ignatius took care of the Oh visitors.
 |
| ..so much history .... |
 |
| Agnes showed them around the museum .... |
 |
| each holding their animal sign ... |
 |
| ..the Oh visitors too enjoyed the tour ... |
 |
| YLCO members hold Ignatius' pictorial project 'The 4 Drinking Families and others'.... |
 |
| ..at Lunch they made plans to visit Evelyns mum Ong Choo See and Nini Lim Siew Ean |
I learnt that Evelyn would visit her mum Ong
Choo See on Sunday while Poh See could visit Nini Lim Siew Ean, grand daughter of Lim Seok Tan at the Home at Lahat. I enquired to tag along and was allowed. More family members spending time together was going to be fun and enlightening. I was not to be disappointed.
JAG
No comments:
Post a Comment